Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Saturday...I Mean Thursday In The Park...

"Saturday in the park, I think it was the 4th of July.  People talking, really smiling, a man playing guitar.."  Saturday In The Park - Chicago




I have always loved Peter Cetera's voice.  Chilly, yet nasal, very recognizable and somehow soothing.  Chicago is a group I would love to see in concert.  I have already seen The Police and I missed The Eagles, but Chicago is a group that is right up there on my old school super rock group must see list.  I guess my time will come.

I have digressed, back to the lecture at hand.  On my way home from class tonight, I walked through Washington Square park as usual.  However, tonight there were melodies in the air that were hard to turn a deaf ear to.  I had my iPod on kicking Brian McKnight, yet the strumming of the guitars were calling me.  Next to a heavy bass line, kick ass drum solo and serious brass - I love the sound of an acoustic guitar being strummed.  In the park tonight, were two contingencies.  On the left was a guitarist surrounded by a group of people listening attentively to his rendition of Santana's "Maria Maria."  I thought to myself, "Now that's a song I have not heard in a while" and Mr. Guitar Man had a powerful voice that floated right through the park.  And on the right, we had a group of men surrounding two guitarists who were just strumming away to the melodies in their mind.  It was not a familiar melody, yet it was a beautiful one that I hummed all the way home.  It was quite picturesque really.  A light breeze in the air with the scent of fall, everyone walking around the NYU campus coming from class, orange and green leaves blowing in swirling counterclockwise circles and a man with a pageboy hat and skinny jeans even passed by with a big bunch of yellow helium filled balloons - it was like a scene out of a movie with it's own soundtrack.  A beautiful night in New York City. 

As I reached the subway, I realized that I had to write an entry for my blog and was not sure as yet what the topic of choice was going to be.  I am still stuck on deciding a new direction for my Friday entries.  I promise I will get it together by next week.  Of course, the reoccurring theme here is always music, fashion or the arts in some interconnecting way, however tonight I was thrust into another musical dimension and it was well appreciated.  As much as I enjoy the loud cheers of the concert arena, I do enjoy a quiet intimate acoustic set.  Perhaps that will be my next venture, to find an acoustic set that is swoon and blog worthy.  I will be over at Frank's Lounge on Saturday night covering the Angela Johnson and Yahzarah show.  Now that will most definitely be swoon worthy I am sure.  I will keep you posted...

Flashback of the day: Well since I am on the Peter Cetera vibe, I was thinking some vintage Chicago would definitely do it up.  Besides the soul of yesteryear, this is also what I was raised on.  I am so glad that I was exposed and taught to appreciate amazing music on the whole.  And no I am not in a sentimental mood, just love the song.  What is your favorite Chicago song?


Have a great weekend...

Tha Connoisseur 

6 comments:

ad said...

Thanks for that little slice of Autumn in New York... sigh...

Tha Connoisseur said...

ad: Awwww - No Sighing!!! :(
I will take that as you enjoyed it. ;)...lol

Anonymous said...

Some days I wish I lived in NYC. *sigh*

As you know, those were two artists that performed at CASRAM. You are in for a treat!

Tha Connoisseur said...

Ms Thang: I heard that I will feel the same way when I see DC...and again NO SIGHING!!

I look forward to the show, will have some tidbits next week.

Marvalus said...

Peter Cetera...mmm!

My favorite Chicago song? "Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry"...does things to me...what things, I'll keep to myself (tee hee hee)

Tha Connoisseur said...

Marv; Ohhhh naughty naughty!!...lol