"Fortunate to have you girl, I'm so glad you're in my world. Just as sure as the sky is blue, I bless the day that I found you..." Fortunate - Maxwell
Ohhhh Maxie!!! You blew my mind the other night! Alright, I promise that will be the last of Maxwell you will hear out of me - FOR NOW. I feel sorry for you all when his album drops. There will be no apologies then, I will not be abashed about talking his name all damn day either. Well, it's not like I am now...
Ladies and gents, it's Monday Madness time. :)
Sorry, I couldn't help it - I heart Borat!
Here's Monday Madness, the news that made me cuss, cringe or shake my head:
1) One thing that was on my mind: When the hell did it become part of 20/20's programming to debut Britney Spears' new video? I mean, I used to be an avid watcher of 20/20 with my Dad every Friday evening. However lately, it seems to be more of a nightly magazine a la Current Affairs or better yet - Friday Night Videos, rather than the informative show it used to be. When I saw this ad during the week, I was like "Did I miss something? WTF?"
2) And another thing on my mind: I have noticed the new fad with the young ones down here, is wearing a rosary as an accessory. Now being a christian myself (ex alter server believe it or not), I know what the rosary represents and what it is actually used for. I am not trying to be facetious in anyway, but some of these young ones today only know God when they are accepting an award of some sort and find it appropriate and of the status quo to shout out the big one upstairs. Knowing full well, that they cannot remember the last time they said a Hail Mary. Anyhow, I am not too keen on wearing the rosary as a chain, necklace or accessory piece. What do you think? Let me know if it's just me.
3) And the bullshit continues: Seriously, I think Vivrant Thang said it best when she said - this can't end soon enough. A whole lot of trickery seems to be taking place surrounding the ballots and any other extension where the voting process is concerned. I just read over the weekend that a New York County printed "Barack Osama" on absentee ballots and now we have anonymous bogus letters being sent out to Black Voters. Everyone please be on your guard and do NOT let the devil's work go rewarded. You can read about the bogus flyers here. (essence.com)
4) What is wrong with our Divas?: It seems like there is not enough room for Tina Turner and Aretha Franklin in Divadom. This all started when our girl B called Tina The Queen at the Grammys (heaven forbid) and it has snowballed out of control from there. Well Tina shot back with a little comment of her own, only to have Ms. Franklin come back with one of hers too. This is going to go on for a bit, I am sure - there is too much ego at stake to just let it go. I have $20 on Tina, she can kick Aretha's ass AND run in them high ass heels of hers. Read about their little tiff here. (usatoday.com)
5) Enough Star, enough!: I thought this was all done and over with. Why is Star Jones still harping on the ladies of The View? And why is Essence magazine even taking this story on? Well because it is smut and everyone will read it, that's why. I am personally fed up about hearing how evil the ladies were and how Al Reynolds (her now ex) is evil and blah blah blah. I am sorry to hear about her depression, but as of now, I say - GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON. Star is a strong woman and will get back on her feet before we know it. If only she would stop investing her time in smear campaigns and direct her energy where it is needed. If you are interested, here you go.
Flashback of the day: You know I am SO tempted to bring some Maxwell your way, but I will save it for another day. I am actually still in hip hop mode. A ways back, I found out that one of my favorite MC's will be making his way to BB King's in November. Check him out:
See y'all soon...