"Turn the lights down low, something you gotta see. Gotta let you know, all that's here in me..." W/As My Girl - Maxwell
4 more days until divine happiness.
My American peoples, please do not forget to register to vote. Your day - November 4th, is coming right around the corner. Here is an extra little helping hand if you have not registered as yet. For my Canadian peoples, our election is any day now - October 14th and I ask the same of you. Please make sure you are registered to vote. Even though I am here in NYC, I still made sure that my vote counts. Here is your helping hand. My peoples, let's get to it.
Without further adieu, here is Monday Madness - the news that made me cuss, cringe or shake my head. And oh dear lord, there was soooo much to choose from!:
1) The slaughter-ation of the James Bond Theme: Another case of "if you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all." I relay that message to Noel Gallagher from Oasis. He called Miss Alicia Keys and her partner Jack White just another and I quote "bunch of fucking americans" in relation to their song "Another Way To Die" for the James Bond soundtrack. Jealousy is certainly a sin. Now, Noel can shut it as far as I am concerned, however the song is, as my man Darius Lovehall said - a masterpiece of minimalism. Check it out for yourself.
2) Ohhh Joe: I was so disheartened when I read this on Soulbounce, I had to mention it here. Would you believe that Joe Thomas aka R&B crooner Joe, is that daft? Joe's reasoning for not voting come November 4th was that, "...Obama will win hands down..."therefore he does not need to vote. WTF? Well this is a message to all of you who feel the same way, if you do not vote, do not complain when your country is sent into a spiraling abyss by the help of Bushinator 2 and his sidekick MC Palin with mic in hand giving SHOUT OUTS everywhere. You can listen to the whole interview on the Tom Joyner show here. (blackandmarriedwithkids.com)
3) Song regurgitation: I have not taken a listen to JHud's album as yet, and I can't honestly say what I am waiting for. I have read reviews, however I always like to have my own opinion. Reading through a few blogs, I happened to fall on this one and yes, it made me shake my head. I know that songs are passed around in the industry, that is just how it is. Even so, I believe that Jennifer Hudson, being the diva that she has the potential to be, could have nixed this song all together and come up with something else. I mean going to Alicia Keys for advice is WAY different than going to, let's say, Patti Labelle. And I say this especially because T-Pain in de arse is concerned. Apparently, he just laid his tracks and sent it out with no thought in mind. So the toss up is between Sara Stokes and Jennifer Hudson, both ex-American Idol alums. Ohhh the fickle music industry and it's pets...I mean artists. Read and listen here. (milk-mag.com)
4) Now the farm animals are going nuts: I just couldn't believe this when I read it. It is very serious, yet at the same time I cannot stop hyperventilating from my snorking. What is wrong with people? A 32 year old woman was sentenced to a month in jail for blocking traffic, screaming at police and chasing kids - while wearing...are you ready? A cow costume. Yes, a cow costume. Apparently she had alcohol on her breath and was slurring. I hope she gets the help she needs, perhaps with AA. I don't even know what else to say, because I am still shaking my head. PRECIOUS.
5) I think I saved the best for last: Now I am not the biggest Puff Daddy fan, but you have to respect what he has done with himself over the years. Dids has a youtube channel and he posted the most hilarious video about his thoughts on Sarah Palin and her stuttering interview with Katie Couric. Seriously, Sarah can't even name The New York Times, The Boston Herald or The Los Angeles Times? Hell and those are right off the top of my head! And I am Canadian!! Maybe it's the Alaskan air...Any who, check out Diddy's 2 cents, I thought it was wicked.
Flashback of the day: I am still in a hip hop mood, I have been killing vintage tunes in Tangie all week. You know, I think I already played this track, but who cares! I absolutely loved this track back in the day, and I still do. Feel it and listen to it...
See y'all soon...