"It's just another manic Monday. I wish it was Sunday, cause that's my funday. My I don't have to runday..." Manic Monday - The Bangles
Yes I am now in that frame of mind, because I start work again full strength. My days of splendor, galavanting and being lax are now over. I am a freelancer after all, therefore I can make my own schedule. Nonetheless, I do have a lot of work to get started on, still have school and homework AND I also cover various shows in the city. When I finish this entry, I am off to write a review on the show mentioned below. I am going to be a busy woman indeed. But you know me, life is too short not to have FUN and that is what I am all about.
I did go to the Angela Johnson, Yahzarah and Tre Williams and The Revelations show on Saturday night and paint me green and call me Kermit - there was some saaangin' going on at Frank's Cocktail that night! More to come about the soiree during the week.
For now, here is your installment of Monday Madness: news that made me cuss, cringe or shake my head:
1) Oh CiCi...: I saw the video the other day for Ciara's new song "Go Girl" and I was semi impressed. I will break it down. I have seen Ciara in concert and it was painful to hear, yet a joy to watch. If she could lip sing and dance her ass off throughout the whole show, then we have a winner. But this woman here would NOT be purchasing a ticket to that, so Houston we have a problem. In the video CiCi did her thing with her Janet Jackson-esque choreography (as usual), but this outfit here looked...well...like it was haphazardly thrown on her. To me, the whole Xanadoo thing doesn't work for her. It looks, well - painful. What do you think?
2) False Start, bad finish: I was thoroughly disappointed when I read about all of the scandals that rocked the track world when Tim Montgemery and of all people Marion Jones went down for the count. My mantra is this: Karma is a bitch and what goes around, comes back around ten fold. My parents always taught me that those who don't hear must feel, and evidently that is what happened here. Even though Marion has served her time, she has to carry the shame of everything that she has taken part in. Now, Tim is heading to jail for 5 years on a cocaine possession charge. Looks good on ya. Here's the whole story. (Time.com)
3) In this economy?!!: Obviously there are some people out there who are not affected by the economy and what is going on around them. Now I loved Dallas along with Falcon Crest, Dynasty and Knots Landing to name a few. But to dish out almost $1000 just to spend a day with Sue Ellen, Bobby, J.R. and the crew on the ranch is INSANE. I was trying to understand this, by comparing it to my love for concerts and purchasing tickets. Yet, I realized that my sense kicks in when a ticket is more than a certain price that I cannot afford. And that is NO WHERE NEAR A GRAND. Anyhow, I hope the participants have fun on the Ranch and then some. Then they can look me up for adoption purposes. Madness. Here you go. (CNN.com)
4) PRICELESS!!: I thought this was just precious.
5) I have no idea what to say and YOU know that's a rarity: I think the story says it all. Here is the pic:
I'm sure that you already have something to say. Here's the story. First cows, and now ninjas. Wow...(Bossip.com)
Flashback of the day: Now this is an album that I have on vinyl and played it ouuuuut. I am surprised there are still grooves on the disc! It is still in good condition too! Have to love some Shannon, the woman was fierce!
See y'all soon...