Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hail To The Last Weekend Of The Summer...

"Summer, summer, summertime.  Time to sit back and unwind..."  Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince



Well aren't I a vibe killer, I should have used this quote a long time ago since it is the official end of summer this weekend.  Back to school for all of us "students", back to a regular work schedule, cottage time coming to an end soon.  So much for summer.  I know my American massive enjoyed theirs because of the actual SUMMER weather they had.  Across the border in good ol' Canada, it has been disgusting and quite depressing.  I can personally count how many times I actually broke into a sweat down here and I am not too impressed by Mother Nature and her antics.  Well, what can we do.  I still did what I had to do and enjoyed the summer to the best of my ability.  It was great to catch up with some really old friends (tried and true friends) and take in a few amazing concerts along the way.  So as you all know and can imagine, as nasty and uncooperative as the weather was-I was in my glee.

Of course seeing that this is going to be a long weekend, I will be heading to Montreal to catch up with friends, family and wedding plans (not mine!).  There will be no Monday Madness, so I thought I would throw some concert information your way and call it a day.

For those of us who are stannin' for Maxwell, my man (come on now, we have the same bday, it's meant to be) is FINALLY going on tour!  After six years of anguish and torture!!!  All I know is I already have my ticket for the sold out show at Radio City Music Hall.  And believe it or not, he has only one Canadian date-here in Toronto at Massey Hall. Check the link here, it will bring you straight to Ticketmaster.  Don't play ladies and gents, do what you have to do.

The rest of the dates are for my New Yorkers and anyone who will be in the city around the selected dates.  My concert schedule is already full and I have not even stepped back into the city as yet.  Get ready, because SOB's has one hell of a line up for you:

For my West Indian massive, ENJOY DE PARKWAY!!  Machel Montano is at SOB's as I type bringing some carnival fever...

I was not going to even mention it, but Kardinal Offishall or as we know him down here - "Kardi," will hit the stage on September 9th.  Since he signed with Akon, I really do not want anything to do with him.  And what a shame, I always liked Kardi.  If "Dangerous" is any indication of what's to come for his album, I really do not want to hear it.

On the 10th and 11th, you lucky peeps get Leela James - two nights in a row!!  I am quite perturbed that I am missing both shows, but I am sure that I will catch her again sometime.  I HOPE I do!

Sol Village hosted by Eric Roberson will actually be my first stop, that is on September 24th.

We have my girl Teedra Moses FINALLY coming back to NYC.  I was lucky enough to conduct an interview with her for my "6 Questions With."  She will be at SOB's on September 25th.

We also have the forever debonaire Raphael Saadiq coming through SOB's on September 30th.  You have to go just to hear him sing "Be Here" or "All I Ask Of You" or...well anything for that matter.  Beforehand, you can catch him at the South Street Seaport on August 29th

And that is all I have for you right now.  Mind you, the listing above is just at SOB's.  There is so much more going on around the city that I have not even had a chance to check out yet.  I am sure I will have more to relay in the next few weeks.

Flashback of the day: Hmmm, today I figured I would go with the artists in my quote.  It is a classic of course and a summer cannot go by without you hearing it...


Enjoy the long Labour Day weekend!

Tha Connoisseur 

No comments: