"It's just another Manic Monday..." Manic Monday - The Bangles
I can beat this quote into the ground.
Ok, so I am a bit late - I do apologize. I am presently recuperating from a phenomenal New Years week spent with my little sister. We always have a good time when we are together, holiday or not. Full of laughter, love and plenty of entertainment to say the least. I hope that everyone enjoyed their New Year and brought it in safely. Never too late to send optimistic and positive vibes out to my peeps.
So let's get the show on the road, shall we?
Here's Monday Madness - the news that made me cuss, cringe and shake my head:
1) Soulja Boy: I am not going to spend too much time on this ingrate. I could name call this child from here to kingdom come, however it will not solve anything and after all, I am an adult. It is kind of sad really, but surely not an excuse. Where are this child's parents? And I do say child, because even though you are 18 - guess what? You are still a child. Have you seen the obnoxious amount of jewelry this kid has on his person? Is that where all his new found fame is going to? His actions have spoken volumes in the past few months. From the slavery comment, to Nas killing hip hop (his nonsensical rant is below) and now this whole attention seeking issue of being "robbed.". And y'all wonder why he is slipping on the Billboard charts. Grammy nominated? It doesn't seem to be an elitist thing anymore and that's a damn shame for those who are deserving.
2) Watching over us: Only the big man upstairs knows what he is up to when he decides to take the angels on earth. My heart goes out to the Travolta Family for loosing their young son, to Eartha Kitt's Family for losing their loved one and a purrrfect icon, to Freddie Hubbard's family for loosing a loved one and an amazing jazz man and for Dr Dre's family turmoil regarding the results of their son's autopsy. How much more can we emphasize the drastic repercussions of taking drugs?
3) INTERVENTION: I am sick and tired of hearing women degrade themselves with grand delusions of bullshitery. Case in question - video ass/wannabe rapper Angel Lola Love and female rapper Jacki - O both put a price on their entrance and exit holes - to put it mildly. I think telling the world that you would give sexual favors to receive material objects really says a lot about your character. I sure hope you are not expected to be taken seriously when you are trying to break into a male dominated arena, that is lacking exceptional female talent right now. How about actually portraying a female artist with some game and intelligence? What a twist!! Well paint me green and call me Kermit if that actually happened. With women like them on the scene, the saying "Never judge a book by its cover" is hard to swallow. No pun intended. How convenient that this comes about now when Jacki - O's album is set to be released next month and Angel Lola Love is trying to become a female rapper? I am spent.
4) Control your consumption people!: I will not say this again. You drink and drive or drink too much, you deal with the consequences. Looks good on you Charles Barkley. Oh and you can forget about that "oral examination" you were late for as well. Jackass. Like we don't have our hands full already with Plaxico. And of course, there had to be another one under the influence from the sports world to join Charles' illustrious club - Andre Rison was arrested for public disturbance as well. Looks like there needs to be more than one intervention session planned.
5) So to continue with my Monday funny, here's a good Santa chuckle for you. I know it's over, but it is the last Christmas "anything" you will see from me...lol This had me in stitches, just PRECIOUS!
Flashback of the day: I feel like breakdancing and this soundtrack I have on vinyl. I need to break out my Fila's and ting. :)
See y'all soon...