Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Yes, It's Monday Madness, A Tad Late...

"It's just another Manic Monday..."  Manic Monday - The Bangles


I can beat this quote into the ground.

Ok, so I am a bit late - I do apologize.  I am presently recuperating from a phenomenal New Years week spent with my little sister.  We always have a good time when we are together, holiday or not.  Full of laughter, love and plenty of entertainment to say the least.  I hope that everyone enjoyed their New Year and brought it in safely.  Never too late to send optimistic and positive vibes out to my peeps.


So let's get the show on the road, shall we?

Here's Monday Madness - the news that made me cuss, cringe and shake my head:

1) Soulja Boy: I am not going to spend too much time on this ingrate.  I could name call this child from here to kingdom come, however it will not solve anything and after all, I am an adult.  It is kind of sad really, but surely not an excuse.  Where are this child's parents?  And I do say child, because even though you are 18 - guess what?  You are still a child.  Have you seen the obnoxious amount of jewelry this kid has on his person?  Is that where all his new found fame is going to?  His actions have spoken volumes in the past few months.  From the slavery comment, to Nas killing hip hop (his nonsensical rant is below) and now this whole attention seeking issue of being "robbed.".  And y'all wonder why he is slipping on the Billboard charts.  Grammy nominated?  It doesn't seem to be an elitist thing anymore and that's a damn shame for those who are deserving.


2) Watching over us: Only the big man upstairs knows what he is up to when he decides to take the angels on earth.  My heart goes out to the Travolta Family for loosing their young son, to Eartha Kitt's Family for losing their loved one and a purrrfect icon, to Freddie Hubbard's family for loosing a loved one and an amazing jazz man and for Dr Dre's family turmoil regarding the results of their son's autopsy.  How much more can we emphasize the drastic repercussions of taking drugs?

3) INTERVENTION: I am sick and tired of hearing women degrade themselves with grand delusions of bullshitery.  Case in question - video ass/wannabe rapper Angel Lola Love and female rapper Jacki - O both put a price on their entrance and exit holes - to put it mildly.  I think telling the world that you would give sexual favors to receive material objects really says a lot about your character.  I sure hope you are not expected to be taken seriously when you are trying to break into a male dominated arena, that is lacking exceptional female talent right now.  How about actually portraying a female artist with some game and intelligence?  What a twist!!  Well paint me green and call me Kermit if that actually happened.  With women like them on the scene, the saying "Never judge a book by its cover" is hard to swallow.  No pun intended.  How convenient that this comes about now when Jacki - O's album is set to be released next month and Angel Lola Love is trying to become a female rapper?  I am spent.

4) Control your consumption people!: I will not say this again.  You drink and drive or drink too much, you deal with the consequences.  Looks good on you Charles Barkley.  Oh and you can forget about that "oral examination" you were late for as well.  Jackass.  Like we don't have our hands full already with Plaxico.  And of course, there had to be another one under the influence from the sports world to join Charles' illustrious club - Andre Rison was arrested for public disturbance as well.  Looks like there needs to be more than one intervention session planned.

5) So to continue with my Monday funny, here's a good Santa chuckle for you. I know it's over, but it is the last Christmas "anything" you will see from me...lol  This had me in stitches, just PRECIOUS!


Flashback of the day:  I feel like breakdancing and this soundtrack I have on vinyl.  I need to break out my Fila's and ting. :)


See y'all soon...

Tha Connoisseur 

6 comments:

ad said...

Soulja boy, Soulja boy, Soulja boy...

TC: What would happen if they left SB in a locked room with your mother for 10 minutes? Or mine??

heheheh

Tha Connoisseur said...

@ad: How about BOTH? Some good old school loving is what his ass needs and you and I both know that our mothers are not shy with their delivery.

He would be a reformed chile - yes indeed...LOL

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

I blame parents for letting their kids buy his junk...b/c no reasonable adult would listen to it..but then again, crazier things have happened!

Tha Connoisseur said...

@fungke: You and I both. Perhaps that was another question I should have added in my rant. Where are THE parents? So disappointing.

Marvalus said...

Just give me 5 minutes alone in a room with that Soulja Boy...just 5 minutes. I want to slap some sense into that boy...

Nas killed Hip-Hop...seriously? Doesn't he know that his bulls**t music is part of what prompted that statement? Ignorant...

If only these chicks would understand that what they hold is priceless and they can't sell it to get what they want...when is the last time that you actually looked at a female rapper and had respect for her...I'll wait.

The Santa fight tickled me...

Ooh, Ozone...yummy!

Tha Connoisseur said...

@Marv: LMAO!! I read through your comment like an adult that had too much chocolate!!...LOL And I can't stop giggling!

You are SO right on the female rapper bit - it has been too long!! Beginning to think that hearing a phenomenal female rapper is like me running a marathon - NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! Still waiting for someone to give me some hope. I am just an optimistic kinda woman.