"As around the sun the earth knows she's revolving..." As - Stevie Wonder
And another Monday is here and what a week it has been. We are here again at the commencement of another one, the joke's on us - it's good old Monday. So what better way to start of the semaine, but with a little Monday Madness?
So here is Monday Madness: the news that mad me cuss, cringe and shake my head.
1) WHA DE FRANCE ??!: I am sorry, but I had to get West Indian on that one. When I saw this, I was floored. Floored in the sense that someone would allow Ms. Whitney Houston to do this and think it was all good. Whoever her publicist is (or whomever it is at the label - shame on you Clive!), he or she needs to be FIRED. This picture below is supposed to be the cover shot for The Voice's upcoming release "Undefeated." It's like Mariah reincarnate! And you all know how I feel about her. You can tell me what you think in the comments. I look forward to hearing it...
2) This young summama ding ding needs a belt: Who, along with me, would love to give this Soulja Boy dude some licks? These little ones are thinking they are so grown, yet the most stupidest things come out of their mouth. In case none of you heard about the simpleminded remarks he made, let me enlighten you. In an interview with Toure from BET, these words came out of his mouth. And really, the question doesn't even matter at this point -
"Shout out to the slave masters! Without them, we'd still be in Africa."..."We wouldn't be here to get this ice and tattoos..."
This child may want to think about putting down the mic and taking some time away from rapping his YOOOUUUUU bullshit. A few courses in black history and intelligence 101 would do his ass some good. I do not care for his apology either, sorry. Think before you speak...
3) I want an alter ego too!!: I have decided that my alter ego is going to be Choco Lattay. If everyone and their cat and dog can have one, why can't I? From Mary J Blige and Brook Lynn, Beyonce and Sasha Fierce, we now have Miss Ciara and Super C. Yes, you read right - Super C. At least the other two were a bit more thought out.
4) And where on earth was I?: I know this happened way back in October, but I just got wind of it. How is it that Prince was right under our noses in New York and we didn't even know? Well...I didn't know!? He gave two private shows at Hotel Gansevoort for those lucky enough to afford the $1000 ticket to the first show or the $312 to the second. Mind you, the proceeds all went to charity so I can't be mad at that. I have been lucky enough to see the Royal Purple one in concert and boy is he worth every cent. So to have the opportunity to see him at such a small venue, I am sure was priceless. I am oozing with jealousy.
5) Another video joke: So far for the past few weeks, I have been able to find great videos to give us some chuckles to fight our Monday blues. Here is a commercial for Boost Mobile that I saw the other day. Don't let them fool you, advertisers are still jockin' hip hop.
Flashback of the day: I had to go with Ms. Anna Mae Bullock today. If I didn't know better, I would swear this took place during the "We Are The World" taping. But that's just me. Enjoy!
See y'all soon...