Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Monday, November 03, 2008

Monday Madness...

"Just look about, you owe it to yourself to check it out.  Can you feel a brand new day?..."  A Brand New Day - Diana Ross



I seem to be still riding the whole Wiz theme I started from Friday, but it is so poignant in what's ahead come Tuesday when the polls will be set ablaze.  I am sending out my positive wishes to Obama as of now, more than ever since we are coming down to the crunch.  I hope my American brethren and sistren do their part.  It is after all, now in your hands.  Don't speak about it, BE ABOUT IT.



With that said, here is Monday Madness - the news that made me cuss, cringe or just shake my head:

1) Oh Terrance:  In my daily blog reads, I found a little something over at my friend Invisible Woman's page, regarding our friend Terrance "I think I am a crooner" Howard.   I have stated previously that I love Terrance, however singing is not his forte.  Sorry.  Well, for those who do not know, Terrance was let go from the sequel to the movie Iron Man quite abruptly.  And now we are learning about a lawsuit on his tail from assaulting a composer on the set of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."  WTF is gong on with Terry?  I know there are two sides to every story, but can this seriously just be a coincidence? (Black Cinema At Large

2) Black is the new Black?: Remember when Italian Vogue released its groundbreaking issue of Vogue with all black models?  Well it seems that the editor, Franca Sozzani, is looking to release another issue of Italian Vogue blackafied, but dedicated to Africa.  It will not be your regular 16 year old model sporting a $600 Gucci bag, but a more realistic perception of fashion from people like you and I.  It will also have fashion commentary from some of the top black entertainers of today.  Let's not forget to mention, half of the advertising revenue of this issue will go to different African charities.  So tell me, what do you think about this project?  Is it thought provoking and challenging the norm?  Or is it just for mass appeal and profit? (jezebel.com)

3) Like a long lost cousin...: Boy do we miss you girl, come on back.  The fam and I have been talking about you.  We do not agree with everyone saying that you are one of the "Lost Ones."  We believe that "When It Hurts So Bad" there is nothing anyone can say or do.  Because we are family, we are here to tell you "Everything Is Everything" and if you lay it all down and just "Tell Him," everything will surely be alright.  Come back to us Lauryn, lawd we are missing you right now!  Here is Lauryn out and about with the kids (and yes, with Martha Stewart).  So many things to say, but I will just let it rest.


4) Absolutely no tact: I was so heated and enraged when I read about this, smoke emanates from my ears each time I speak of it.  Could you believe that a gun company was so brash, as to use Jennifer Hudson's tragic family loss as an ad for GUN RACKS?  To put it bluntly, their add suggests that perhaps a bedside gun rack would have saved the family.  WTF?!!!  I could not tell you how heavy the expletives are, just waiting to jump off of the tip of my tongue.  Read it here...absolutely disgusting. 

5) More video jokes: I am a Guitar Hero junkie (thanks to my little brother), so when I saw this ad, I nearly fell off my chair.  If you haven't seen it yet, enjoy.  Kobe Wopping it ouuuut...lol  I thought it was PRECIOUS!


Flashback of the day: This is dedicated to my cold.  The Bitchassness that I had to go through all this week because of it,  led me to this dedication.  Cold - this one's for you...


See y'all soon...

Tha Connoisseur 

4 comments:

ad said...

What makes my blood boil is the company president saying in the press release, "I really feel sorry for these people. I just don’t want this to happen to someone else.”

SO WHY ARE YOU SELLING GUN ACCESSORIES, YOU IDIOT, AND HELPING OTHER PEOPLE GET SHOT, YOU TOOL?

Sometimes, I hate people.

Tha Connoisseur said...

ad: I know huh? That shit incensed me, it really did.

Anonymous said...

Why does Lauryn looked so mashed up?

Tha Connoisseur said...

Twin: Man, I don't even know what to say about that. All we can do is pray for her and her return to music.