Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

An Everlasting Love...

"I love you here by me baby, you let my love fly free.  I want you in my life, for all time..."  Rapture - Anita Baker


I have been contemplating all day long how I was going to approach this.  I do not have any real functioning of my brain today, since I reached home at around 4 am and got up for work at 9 am.  I am exhausted, yet exhilarated.  Hushed, yet hollerin from the top of my lungs from the inside.  I am so elated at the fact that Barack Obama was voted the 44th President of the United States of America I can pass out.


For me, the poignant part of the night, was of course when he was named the President-Elect.  But I did not shed a tear until his speech.  And not for the reasons you would think.  

I am in complete awe and remain enchanted with Barack and Michelle Obama's love for each other.  It is the type of love that movies are written about.  The type of love where amorous daps are given and understood. The type of love that you know is out there, and wish upon your fellow girlfriends who you know are worthy.  The type of love that you desire, if you haven't found it already.  When they look at each other, so many words are said without even being mentioned.  When they are in the same room together, they flow in unison.  And when they come together to embrace, it's like magic.  I shed a tear  when the family came out at the end of his speech.  Michelle came over to Obama, hugged him, looked at him, kissed him and simply said in his ear - I LOVE YOU.  I was absolutely beside myself and the tear became a stream.


And just when I started to collect myself, he was at the end of his speech.  An impeccable speech of promise, purpose and passion.  A guide to what's to come from the Barack Obama administration.  At the end of his speech he graciously waved to the cheering crowd, accepting their love and by the looks of a Commander in Chief - he held back the tears.  I am sure he was thinking about his Grandmother and others before him who paved the way for him to achieve what he has.  Everyone on stage made their way back, but Michelle waited for her man.  And with his last wave, she took his hand and both of them walked off the stage together.  It was simply divine.

And so I left the results gathering I was at and headed to Times Square.  I cannot even put into words the feeling that was cultivating in the middle of the Big Apple.  It was ludicrous!  And in the midst of all of the cheering, hollering and other festivities, was a couple that emanated the love that had me spellbound for the night.  They hugged and had an airtight clutch on each other.  They held hands steadily and walked off together smiling.  Simply beautiful.


 I guess I am just a stickler for love.  Old fashioned, undeniable, passionate - LOVE.

On another note, I was talking to a Canadian friend today and I told him that it was an amazing experience being here to take part in this historic event unfolding.  His answer to me was, "Well we have to wait to make sure if it will indeed be historic."  Now, I was disturbed at the comment but asked calmly why he felt that.  He said that he didn't care that the President-Elect was black or white or anything and that Obama was voted in because he was the right person for the job.  I totally agree, however y'all know that I had to tell him about himself.  Not to make it a race issue, but the obvious is it's a sense of pride and so many other things that come along with his new position for us.  And I was two steps away in saying, "It's a black thing, you wouldn't and couldn't possibly understand..." and I had to catch myself only because I did not want to be like that.  Nor did I have the energy and would not be responsible for what came out of my mouth.  I met enough people, white, chinese and otherwise who understood what this moment means to us, why couldn't my friend?  I just do not get it.

Anyhow, that is not going to turn this lady's frown upside down or rain on my parade for that matter.  Even though I am Canadian, I am first and foremost black (yummy dark chocolate may I add) and could not be any more proud of Mr. Obama and his accomplishments.  And now comes the hard part, I just hope that the American people will be understanding enough to know it will take a bit to dig out of this abyss that Bush put you in.  But hey, with Michelle by his side I know they can conquer the world.  BESIDE every great man is an amazing woman and Barck has his in hand and heart.

Flashback of the day: This was a given.  Barack said it himself, it's been a long time coming...


See y'all soon...

Tha Connoisseur 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poetry in motion! I felt that all consuming love you so eloquently expressed. This is the perfect example of what love is supposed to be. I have so much pride in Barack Obama's accomplishments that I am still on a high! I am elated!

Tha Connoisseur said...

Anon: Isn't it awesome and spellbinding? I think I will forever be in awe, even when I find that love myself.
Black love...what a beautiful thing!

Marvalus said...

I've been waiting to see what you had to say about this...beautiful words, sista!

Tha Connoisseur said...

Marv: I aim to please! :) Thank you very much hun.