Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Monday Madness...

"And the tears come streaming down your face,  when you loose something you can't replace.  When you love someone but it goes to waste, could it be worse?"  Fix You - Coldplay

Another week has begun, much to the chagrin of some of us.  For me, it brings me closer to another time of year that I am not too crazy over.  Along with the fact that I absolutely detest the commercialization of Christmas, I lament over other things.  I give thanks for the opportunity to have another year to be with my friends and family, however for the past couple of years it has been hard to digest because of the loss of my Daddy.  As I try to painstakingly go through the memories of having his boisterous and deep laughter fill the house, it hurts me to my core to even come to terms with the fact that I will be going back home and he will not be there to greet me.  

Yet on a happier note, I am off to Montreal's cold ass weather to see my peeps and family and I am looking forward to that.  I plan on cooking down the place with my Mom, bothering the hell out of my younger siblings, drinking it up, going to visit my Dad and tell him about my semester and such and do the damn thing up in Canada for a week.

On that note, let's just jump into it shall we?  Here is Monday Madness, the news that made me cuss, cringe and shake my head.

1) What could I possibly say?: I really miss "Rock With You" and "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough" Michael.  Apparently he was out and about shopping in this get up.  You would think we would be used to it by now, but...UGH. 
 


2) The last thing I have to say about the matter: I am extremely happy that Jennifer Hudson's family can somewhat rest easy, knowing that the person behind the heinous acts of violence on their family is in custody.  Obviously it is not comforting to know that the person in question is someone they once considered to be family.  What really irks me, is the reasoning behind the murders.  William Balfour had the audacity to say that he murdered the family members because he thought a gift that was sent to Julia was from another man.  I remain speechless...

3) Why?: I have always liked Jennifer Anniston, but why the naked GQ Magazine bit?  Perhaps I am behind on my news bits, but does she have a movie coming out (oh wait, she does!  Something about a misbehaved dog?), is she trying to prove something?  This is not her usual ammo. Or is she trying to remind Brad what he left behind?  Especially since she is still answering questions about the whole marriage thing.  I think it's time to just tell everyone to shove the question where the sun doesn't shine.  Her answering them, personally, looks to me that she is still hurt by the situation - but sweets obviously Brad has moved on.  It's time you do the same.  Or better yet, keep your comments out of the magazines, that's a bit petty n'est pas?  Here's her pic for those of you who have not seen it. 



4) Times are HARD!: Things are not easy in the U.S. economy and everyone is feeling the pinch.  Even celebrities.  I am sure you have heard about the list of people who have been loosing property over the past few weeks.  From NeNe Leakes from The Real Housewives of Atlanta business (although she is saying she "left"), to Fantasia, Aretha Franklin (an attorney's mistake, really?)and now T-Boz.  Like a bullet, the recession obviously does not discriminate.  

5) And the winner for the Monday video laugh (thanks to Afrobella): Oh this is PRECIOUS.  And my West Indian massive will laugh their asses off.  The rest of you can read the print in the boxes...LOL


Flashback of the day: In listening to my favorite podcast on Wednesday's (EJ, it's all about EJ y'all!), I heard a Soul II Soul song and it reminded me of how fond I was of Caron Wheeler.  



See y'all soon...

Tha Connoisseur 

3 comments:

Marvalus said...

I honestly think everything Jennifer Aniston does is to get a rise out of Brad/Angelina...I think it is wrestling with her soul that she lost her man, and then he met someone else who gave him what she wouldn't...because you know their marriage was way over before it was over.

She gets on my nerves and I wish she would keep their names out of her mouth. You don't here them talking about her, do you?


Whew! Had to get that off my chest...been wanting to say that to someone, somewhere a looong time! hee hee...

Tha Connoisseur said...

@Marv: LOL I truly believe every single word you said girl. I think that she is a woman scorned, but there is a way to deal with the matter. Talking about it in magazines and what not, just looks petty to me. The man is making a tribe and living his life. I think she should move on and do the damn thing. I know it's easier said than done, but as I said - there are ways to do things.

And that's all I will say on that...lol

QH said...

Leave poor MJ alone, he's just hilariously odd, we still love his music. And I like Jen in that shot.-QH