"I pick my friends, like I pick my fruit..." Erykah Badu - Appletree
Those who know me, know I love that song. There are sooooo many great quotes in there!
First and foremost, in the blogging world, someone was kind enough to let me know that my blog is KICKASS. I love that. :) My sister in blogging Ms. Marvalus gave me The Kick Ass Blogger award, which I so humbly accept. I LOVE IT - my first award!! You have a black woman blushing over here.
I would like to thank the Academy...(***princess waves***) Okay, I digress.
So here are the rules:
- Choose 5 bloggers that you feel are "Kick Ass Bloggers"
- Let them know in your post or via email, twitter or blog comments that they've received an award
- Share the love and link back to both the person who awarded you and back to www.mammadawg.com
- Hop on back to the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky, then pass it on!
And here are the lovely recipients that I bestow this award to:
- Adriana Palanca @ Wouldn't Stop Picking At It (little antidotes of Montreal and beyond)
- Vivrant Thang @ SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE (a sister in music, in a past life and beyond)
- Jen @ The "B-Life" (a daily know of the going ons around NYC)
- QH @ The QH Blend (consistently brilliant reviews on fabulous music)
- RhythmicSoul @ Rhythmic Words (everything soulful n' then some on the go - but he's on hiatus at the moment, bare with him)
Those are my choices, that was hard as all hell considering I read quite a few blogs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Do check out the blogroll as well and visit my peoples!
Flashback of the day: I am in a hip hop mood today, a REAL hip hop mood. So on that note, how about a little Public Enemy? The days when Flav was an ass, but you didn't mind him much because he was part of PE. Now, is a whole other story and whole other entry. As good as John Legend's song is, it's too bad Obama cannot use this as his theme song...I KID, I KID!
See y'all soon...P.S. - Guess who had herself a big ol' tasty bowl of cornmeal this morning?! ;)