"There are times, when you need someone, I will be by your side. There is a light that shines, special for you and me..." The Light - Common & Bilal
Ladies and gents, I am back and in full effect feeling dope-girl fresh! But before I continue -
Please take a moment to say a prayer for Travis Barker former drummer from Blink 182. I LOVE that dude, he is a drumming monster. When I heard about the plane crash yesterday, I had goosebumps. My prayers go out to him, his family and everyone one else involved in the crash.
Being that I am still on vacay for a little bit before school starts, I had my little sis with me for the week. Little sis, meaning in her twenties - not a ten year old. She ran me ragged through Manhattan, shopping down the place, walking to and fro and just doing the do. And let me tell you, I enjoyed every little bit of it. She left me this morning and I miss her ass already.
HOWEVER, I am now back. Back to focus on school, my NYC peeps, concerts, freelancing AND my blog. So much to do and get to - especially musically, you know me. I will be delivering some concert news (the ones I attend anyway), more "6 Questions With..." from some serious artists and sharing with you whatever I feel free to share.
So on that note, here is your first installation straight from NYC of Monday Madess - the news that made me cuss, cringe or shake my head:
1) I have no idea why people think or thought she is da 'ish: I never really liked this Kat DeLuna chick, and I have no idea why I am a hater. Oh yes I do, she's just too extra for NO bloody reason! Realistically, I just couldn't take that "Wine It Up" track. She rates right up there with Acorn and T-Pain in de Arse as far as I am concerned. I would rather down a broken glass milkshake sprinkled with needles on top, than hear any of them sing. And just when I decide to share that sentiment, DeLuna is asked to sing the U.S. National Anthem in Dallas. Oh my. My girl is lucky she was not in the Caribbean, because we do not play. Best believe she would have been PELTED off of stage! If you are into self mutilation, then go right ahead and watch the accompanying video. Go ahead, I dare ya...
2) Oh Michael...: I don't believe everything I read, really I don't. But when something like this comes my way, I do feel that I should say something about it. I was pretty unimpressed with the media when Michael Jackson's born-day came and went with not so much as a mention. Yet Madge's b-day was damn near a holiday this year. Mind you, I did not write anything on him either, so I am right in the mix. And so it was quiet UNTIL this came out. Why would you sell/auction off your or anyone else's draws? And to make matters worse, the item in question were from the whole child molestation debacle. The fact that they are still in an evidence bag wrapped with police tape, make me sick. Read the whole blurb here. (mzvirgo.com)
3) Is anything sacred anymore?: I have a sense of humor just like the next one out there. As a matter of fact, I am a bit sarcastic in my approach, but nonetheless, I love to laugh. However, when I saw this I was a bit perturb. In this day and age where nothing is sacred, it bothers an ol' school gal like me when I see things like this. It just reinforces to me that marriage is nothing more than a joke to the young people out there. Please correct me if I am wrong. There are many ways to make your wedding funky and fun, without making a mockery of the sacrament by doing "that" to your dress and then some. I know that some people can't afford and make do with what they have, but the same money used to spray paint or buy the paint, could have gone into buying or renting a tux for that T-shirt and cap wearing fool. These young couples of today have so much to learn. Apparently they do not watch enough TLC. Check it out here. (C&D)
4) Tyra Baby: I usually do not have anything bad to say about Miss Tyra Banks, but I do have an opinion about some of the spreads she has done lately. Her first spread was as Michelle Obama in Bazaar Magazine and now she is channeling Diana Ross in Mahogany inside V Magazine. Miss Tyra is fashionably FIERCE in her own right, we already know this. So why can't we see her in her own "themed" spread, rather than trying to channel everyone else and their mama? I honestly did not fancy the two spreads at all and thought that some of the pics did not capture the essence of what Tyra was trying to portray, they were just boring "first lady" pics to me that anyone could have taken. And do not get me started on the Mahogany one's either. As much as I love Tyra, it would have been nice to see her doing HER, that's all I'm saying.
5) Double edged sword: It's a damn shame, honestly it is. This is what it has come to - arresting someone because we do not like the way they are dressed. It is too bad that we cannot just put these kids (and grown ass men who think it looks cool), over our laps and give out some hot lashes. Perhaps then some sense would come to light regarding wearing your pants over your ass and letting your underwear i.e. boxers or tightie whities show. I HATE (which is a strong word that I do not like to use) to see young boys or men, walk down the road with their crisp jeans hanging off of the end of their butt cheeks. And then they think that they can step to a WOMAN like that. Not a little girl, I did say and will say it again - a WOMAN. Wow...I remain speechless and that right there is a hard feat. Yet on the other hand, there are more pressing issues to attend to. Like are my people in the U.S. registered to vote? And are my people in Canada ready for an election? Check out the article regarding the clothing debacle here. (sohh)
Flashback of the day: I was in a Donna Summer mood the other day and it still lingers in my head. Miss naughty naughty. Ride with me...
See y'all soon...