Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Well Wouldn't You Know...

"You never came to save me, you let me stand alone.  Out in the wilderness, alone in the cold.  My story ends, as stories do-reality steps into view.  No longer living life in paradise....no fairytales...  Fairytales - Anita Baker



So the one time I finally decide to sit down and bring Monday Madness to you on time, my internet provider decides to go to the wayside.  How much more apologizing can I do?  I seem to be an apologetic fool lately.  Especially after I promised that the entry would be there-so sorry!  Montreal was wonderful on all accounts, there is nothing like bonding with family.  However, coming back to Toronto everything negative started to come out of the woodwork.  Dealing with trifling men, ex-boyfriends, trying to figure out what my next semester of school consists of (no concrete decisions have been made and time is approaching rapidly), trying to find time in my crazy schedule to see my friends who I have not touched base with as yet, fit in as many concerts as I can and oh right, deal with myself.  So as you can imagine, my plate is F-U-L-L.

It's funny, Toronto to me has always been a stepping stone in my succession of life steps.  When I initially moved here from Montreal, I figured that Toronto would be a place that I could lay my head in the future-if need be.  In other words, if it doesn't work out where I end up, then I know Toronto is a place that I can fall back on.  I took in Toronto or as my American partners call it-the cleaner version of New York, in all its glory.  Living in Mississauga and then moving to downtown Toronto and now residing out east, I can say I have been about.  I spent 8 years in Toronto-working, socializing, attending events, and most of all writing.  I am a person of change and love my nomadic ways.  So sooner than later, it only made sense that I finally decided to make my way to NYC and go back to school.  

I feel that there is never a bad time to go back to school, however it took me the whole first semester to wrap my brain around the fact that a) I may have been the oldest person in class next to my teacher and b) that I had to get used to doing homework and research again...a whole 10 years later!  Well everything worked out and I managed to squeeze out a 4.0 average, so I guess I am doing something right.  Regardless, reflecting on everything from Montreal, Toronto to New York, I have come to realize that I am on a natural progression (yes, just realized it).  It was both an epiphany and a feeling of euphoria when I realized, I am honestly doing something I love and overcoming a personal obstacle if you will.  I am loving every minute of my new adventures in New York City and attending NYU.  So Mrs. Anita Baker's quote above is not just pertaining to men, it rings true for everything.  Reality does step into view, no longer living life in paradise and it's up to you to grab it and ride it out to the best of your ability.  I plan to ride this rollercoaster like the mean ass Gemini I am, taking no prisoners.  Don't worry, you will hear the stories as I go along...

Today instead of the flashback of the day, I decided to do something a bit different.  I happened to catch a new video by one of my favs Divine Brown.  For y'all who do not know, Divine Brown (no, not the prostitute) is a Toronto gem with a 5 range octave, who it seems, Canada has lost to the big wigs over at Warner Music in the U.S. (not really a surprise though, seriously).  However, I will get more info on her here in the near future.  In the meantime, you can check out her MySpace page here.  For now, I would like to share her new single "Lay It On The Line" with you.  It's another wicked throwback to the amazing music of the past that we miss and love.



Let me know what you think...See y'all soon.  Oh and by the way, tomorrow is the day-IT'S GEORGE MICHAEL DAY!!!

Tha Connoisseur 

2 comments:

ad said...

And what a progression it's been.
I cannot wait to celebrate many more achievements to come, Miss 4.0.
xx

Tha Connoisseur said...

ad: Awwww thanks suga! And you've been there through it all... :)