"You can have this or that, this or that..." The Choice is Yours - Black Sheep
Ladies and gentlemen, Toronto has been really and I mean REALLY busy. I have no idea where the time is going to, but I came to the harsh realization the other day that time is flying by and I have not even seen HALF of my peoples as yet. My dad used to always say "Time waits for no man - or woman for that matter." And he is so right and of course being the stubborn woman that I am, I am well aware of that - but still do not take heed to the saying. When will I learn.
Anyhow, I know that Monday Madness is late and I do apologize for that. Being that the work schedule is a bit hectic, it is hard to get in front of lovely Ivory (my Mac) and beat out an entry. However, better late than never. Sorry if some of the items are a bit old, but you know me - I have to put in my two cents.
So without further adieu, here is Monday Madness - last weeks news (and perhaps way before that) that made me cringe, cuss or shake my head.
1) Chaka oh Chaka...: I LOVE me some Chaka Khan, really I do. If you do not have her recent album Funk This, you need it in your soul collection. It has been on heavy rotation lately on my iPod. So really, I do have love for her. But WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? I nearly passed out when I saw this. All that ran through my head was - I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! I am sorry, but I live by the popular saying, "just because they make it in your size, does not mean that you should wear it."
2) Please say it isn't so: Did you know that Lil Wayne and T-Pain are coming together to form a supergroup? Now I have no idea who came up with that idea (oh wait, I think I just threw up in my mouth), but they need to be taken out back and be dealt with. To those of you who are T-Pain fans, I am sure that is music to your ears. However, I can sure tell you that it is not to mine. For the whole story check it out here with Necole Bitchie's take on it.
3) When will it end?: Enough with the racism, seriously now. Two of my bookmarked reading sites - SOHH and AllHipHop.com were hit with slander and racial slurs on their sites and were forced to shut everything down. There are no words that can explain how disgusted I was and still am. The thing is, I am so tired of being disgusted. From slander about Obama, beatings and shootings from cops and slurs on websites, when will it stop? I just can't wrap my mind around it. For more info about the websites, check it out here with MTV's take on it. Update: SOHH has a temporary site up at the moment and AllHipHop is up and running again.
4) I am still vex, but...: I am still upset with Mr Cool James after the fiasco that went down at the Ice Cream Concert Tour. However, here is a little something to put a smile on your faces - men and women if you will. Give thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Todd Smith! Or is it just really good photoshopping?
5) Oh gosh my people: I really hate to say it, but there are sometimes where I come across something that an ethnic person has done to make me say "I am embarrassed to be a person of color". Please, let me give you a quick example. I was reading one of my favorite sites Tha Feedback, only to find out that Christopher "Kid" Reid from Kid N' Play has a soul song out. Yes, a soul song. But that is not the problem. The problem for me is the name of the man's music label. You ready? Kid from Kid N' Play named his music label MOOLATTOMAN MUSIC. Enough said.
Flashback of the day: Today I was feeling the reggae vibe, more ol' school reggae than anything after I listened to Jazmine Sullivan's "Need U Bad" for the umpteenth time (I LOVE that song). So here's a little tune for your BBQ mix, some Beres Hammond!
See y'all soon...