Take Note!

Pictures and videos used on this site are all borrowed (well not all, some are actually mine) for everyone's viewing pleasure.  They are not being used in a malicious matter, it is all in good fun and most likely to promote the good stuff found.  Please don't threaten to sue, just ask me to take it down if it is a bother.  If not, thanks for the borrow!!!

Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Little Something To Think About...

Hi y'all,


So as you can see by my lack of de informal daily scoop, work and the last dregs of this cold thingy has me in a vice.  Hopefully all will digress come Sunday, when I get some kind of R&R to bring Monday Madness to you in all its glory.  Until then, seeing that I will not have time to bring the album of the week to you (yes, Toronto has been that busy), I decided to take a different approach that you will see now and then in the future.  A little reminder of how songwriting used to be, a celebration of lyrics past if you will.  This song is one of my favorites lyrically from the day I heard it in 1985.  Check it out...

How
How can it be
That a love
Carved out of caring
Fashioned by fate
Could suffer so hard
From the games
Played once too often
But making mistakes
Is a part 
Of life's imperfections
Born of the years
Is it so wrong
To be human after all

Drawn into the stream
Of undefined illusion
Those diamond dreams
They can't disguise the truth
(chorus) That there is something about you
Baby so right
I wouldn't be without you
Baby tonight

If ever our love
Was concealed
No one can say that 
We didn't feel
A million things
And a perfect dream of life
Gone
Fragile but free
We remain
Tender together
If not so in love
And it's not so wrong
Were only human after all

These changing years
They add to your confusion
Oh and you need to hear
The time that told the truth

They just don't make them like they used to (for the exception of a handful of course), thank you to Level 42 for that flashback in time and the jewel "Something About You".  Video to follow.  Also, check out Anthony David's version on his new release Acey Ducey, I just can't get enough of that dude and his album is on heavy rotation.  It has been for a long while now, so go get it - get on it!


See y'all on Monday with the madness, let me know your favorite song lyrics.  Have a great weekend...

Tha Connoisseur 

2 comments:

ad said...

I feel it all I feel it all
I feel it all I feel it all
The wings are wide the wings are wide
Wild card inside wild card inside

Oh I'll be the one who'll break my heart
I'll be the one to hold the gun

I love you more
I love you ore
I don't know what I knew before
But now I know I wanna win the war

Noone likes to take a test
Sometimes you know more is less
Put your weight against the door
Kick drum on the basement floor
Stranded in a fog of words
Loved him like a winter bird
On my head the water pours
Gulf stream through the open door

Fly away fly away to what you want to make

I feel it all I feel it all
I feel it all I feel it all
The wings are wide the wings are wide
Wild card inside wild card inside

Oh I'll be the one who'll break my heart
I'll be the one who'll break my heart
I'll be the one who'll break my heart
I'll end it though you started it

The truth lies
The truth lied
And lies divide
Lies divide

"I feel it all" by Feist, or "Why Adriana is Her Own Worst Enemy"

Tha Connoisseur said...

ad: Lies divided indeed! Strong lyrics there missy. :)