"Summer, summer, summertime. Time to sit back and unwind..." Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
"You will find, peace of mind, if you look way down in your heart and soul..." That's The Way of The World - Earth Wind & Fire
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
"Hit you with no delayin' so what ya sayin' yo..." Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See - Busta Rhymes
FIRST AND FOREMOST: We lost two very talented people this weekend - Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes. My favorite Bernie Mac line is from Kings of Comedy. Y'all have to remember the scene where he talks about the two badasses he adopted from his sister. Just remembering him cooing about the little boy going downstairs to get some "Milk n' cuuuuukies" has me in stitches everytime I think about it. That along with the stuttering little boy and the school bus...classic Bernie.
My favorite Issac Hayes thing would be anything composed by him. You can tell when Isaac put his touch on any instrumental from Shaft's theme to Alicia Keys' "Rock With You". And I cannot lie, I was a big South Park viewer for a bit and still am off and on. Chef kills me with his nasty self.
We will miss these talents greatly. Rest well.
Now, you guys have to be proud of me-I have managed to bring Monday Madness to you on time. The snag is trying to do the same thing next Monday. Please, do not hold me to anything...
Here is Monday Madness, the news that made me cuss, cringe and just shake my head...
1) This HAD to be first: I just had to share, because I did not want to be the only one sitting here having all the fun. I was reading up on my updates from my people's over at Soulbounce.com, only to find out that they have a wonderfully stupendous name for my favorite ass of all, Robert "Ze Pedo" Kelly. I sure think that Chester The Child Molester is one that will make you fall off your seat. Or is it just me and my sick sense of humor acting up again. Oh how I love Soulbounce, let me count the ways...And to add to my R. Kelly disdain, one of my favorite r&b sangers-Joe, is sharing with us that Chester himself was behind a lot of tomfoolery and bitchassness over at Jive records in relation to Joe's work. Check it out here. (eurweb.com)
2) For the love of airbrushing!!! WTF!!:
Do you seriously want me to comment on this here! I found a pic for Fashion Rocks of Miss Mariah Carey too, but I am still trying to figure out if that is actually HER in the picture. My my, I did not even know PCD were still prancing around doing whatever it is they do. And look at the pretty bikes, like the first inital is supposed to help me remember the rest of the 'other' Cats, names. Nicole is the singer. Period. And K, J, M and A are the back up dancers. Can't pull the wool over our eyes on this one. Music and its sad state of affairs...
3) You lost me on this one Matthew, however there is always choice and this is his: Apparently Matthew McConnaughey is going the extra mile for that "New Father Of The Year Award". Now I am not one to believe everything I read, but this one is something that made me shake my head and then some regardless. Besides, this is supposedly from an interview that will be airing soon. Matthew took his son's placenta home to plant in his orchard. Yes, you read this right. Wow, that brings a whole new meaning to fertilized crop. If you would like to read more, dare to click here. (yahoo.com)
4) Perhaps it's just me...: I was walking down the street the other day and noticed the ad for A&E's new drama The Cleaner starring Mr. Handsome himself, Benjamin Bratt. Now please, correct me if you think I am wrong. I was staring at the ad thinking to myself, how familiar the shot looked to me, only to remember that Hotlanta photog extraordinaire DBlanks shot something very similar in his last sessions with Ciara a while back.. Here is the A&E ad:
And this is the Derek Blanks shot of Ciara:
5) Joke of all jokes...: During Caribana, an american man was arrested for speeding (150 mph plus!!). He was arrested under the street racing laws that came into effect this year. The gentleman's license was suspended and his car was impounded for 7 days. His reason for speeding...and please, try not to laugh too hard. His reasoning was: "he ate some corn soup that ran his belly and he was speeding to find a washroom to go do the business in". It just doesn't get any better than that.
Flashback of the day: I had to go with classic Janet here, because I saw the video the other day and it brought back some dancing memories. Ahhh to be young again...
See y'all soon...
Friday, August 08, 2008
"It's all about you, every day-every way. It's all about you, you got it going on..." It's All About You - Intro
Friday, August 01, 2008
"Waaave, hold it! Waaave just hold it! Hold it, hold it, hold it....NOW LET IT GO!!!... Faye-Anne Lyons - Get On
Yes, believe it or not I am awake at an ungodly hour. The joys of having executive hours and working from Tuesday to Thursday really do pay off. This weekend being both a holiday and Caribana down here, has the city humming and getting ready to come alive on Saturday. So you know I am in my glee because it is time to celebrate the West Indian culture with food, feteing and fun! My agenda is full, but I will decide next week if there was anything worth talking about. So for now, for my American (and Canadian) massive that plan to come down, across or whatever and check out the festivities, you can find all your Caribana info here. Remember that there are a lot of things to do besides Caribana going on this weekend. There is also the Irie Music Festival being presented by one of my editors, for those who are not feeling the soca vibe and prefer a bit of reggae instead. So there is a choice! However, I will be preferrential and say do the soca of course! Have to support my culture! You can find more info here. Also, it would be nice if everyone would take a bit of time to school themselves on the history of carnival. Contrary to popular belief, it is not all about prancing around half naked and wukin' up you know. There is a history behind everything from the time carnival falls right up to the Mas costumes and J'Ouvert. And no, carnival is not just in Trinidad and Tobago or the West Indies for that matter. If you are interested, here is a quick guide, check it out. Please remember to be on your best behavior, enjoy the festivities and most of all be mindful at all times. Enjoy de lime!!! (translation=have fun hanging out!)
The other thing I absolutely had to mention is - YOU HAVE TO SEE BATMAN:THE DARK KNIGHT IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT AS YET!! The sequel was better than the first installment and will have you wondering what the hell hit you when you leave the theatre. It is not just about the caped crusader, but about morality, social injustices, choosing the right path when faced with the fork in the road and dealing with the concequences from the choices that you make. I was STUNNED after the film, Heath Ledger was WICKED (but keep in mind that it is a Batman movie, not "The Heath Ledger show...although he did do a wicked job. He had me in stitches!) and deserves that Oscar nomination-if anything. Again, go and see it, you will not regret it. If you have seen it already, let me know what you thought.
Flashback of the day: No flashback today, this is all I want to hear in my head this weekend...try and keep up!
Some Trini vibes...
Some Bajan vibes...
And of course some Lucian vibes!
See y'all soon...if I can peel myself off the bed I may have Monday Madness for ya...